Who Should Take This Course:
- People who want to teach employees in restaurants, clubs, bars, hotels and lounges about responsible beverage service
- Nonprofit coalitions that teach alcohol awareness courses for community education purposes
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- You must give permission to TopShelf for a TBI background check, conducted at your expense.
TopShelf Certificate of Completion
TopShelf certificate of completion allows you to:
- Obtain certification from the TABC to teach classes that certify students for permits OR
- Teach classes for community education purposes only and not for student certification
Length of Course: 6-8 hours
This is a TABC-certified course for people who want to either teach certification classes for employees or teach community alcohol awareness courses. You will learn how to:
- Equip servers, bartenders and managers with the knowledge they need to serve alcohol legally and responsibly
- Explain state-specific alcohol laws
- Use the TopShelf proprietary CODES of carding, a five-step process to help you properly examine an ID
What You’ll Learn:
Learn how to conduct a class from a instructor’s viewpoint and experience a class from a student’s perspective. At the end of the class, you will be able to:
- Recognize how legal liability affects employees and employers
- Recognize the employee’s role in alcohol service and public safety
- Understand alcohol’s effects, including blood alcohol concentration, absorption and elimination
- Recognize intoxicated individuals
- Recognize acceptable IDs in your state
- Accurately check IDs to prevent underage sales
- Refuse alcohol service and handle difficult situations
The course includes:
- Your Instructor Kit and the cost of your certification class
- Submission of your certification letter to state, city or county boards (additional state, city/county fees may apply)
The program materials contain a minimum of three hours and up to eight hours of teachable information. At completion, you are eligible to purchase TopShelf Responsible Beverage Service student materials for $14.50 each (must be ordered in multiples of 10).
Register for this class: Contact us at topshelfedu.com for registration information for individuals and nonprofit coalitions.