Manager Permit - It is required that one manager be permitted. The process:
1. Take a law course also know as Designated Manager
2. Take a Responsible Wine Vendor course
3. Complete the TABC Manager application for liquor stores and a Declaration of Citizenship
4. Submit your application and Declaration of citizenship to the TABC along with
- Copies of your certifications
- Copies of 2 IDs listed on the Declaration of Citizenship
- $200.00 application fee
Certified Clerks - Clerks must either have a valid Retail Permit (Blue Card) or be certified as a Responsible Wine Vendor clerk.
- Clerks that do not have a valid Blue Card must take a Responsible Wine Vendor course within 61 days of their date of hire.
- Clerks with a valid Blue Card must take a Responsible Wine Vendor course before their Blue Card expires
- You must have copies of Blue Cards and RWV employee certificates easily available for the TABC in the case of an inspection
Responsible Wine Vendor certificate - This must be submitted with your Certified Clerks List.
Once the list is submitted, you will receive a Letter of Certification. You will need to have this or a copy of the letter readily available for inspection by the TABC.">Responsible Wine Vendor certificate - This must be submitted with your Certified Clerks List.
Once the list is submitted, you will receive a Letter of Certification. You will need to have this or a copy of the letter readily available for inspection by the TABC.
Certified Clerks List - This must be submitted with payment when you submit or renew your application. Other items about the Certified Clerks List
- The annual payment for most liquor stores will be $150.00 which covers 0-15 employees.
- When completing your Clerks List include all clerks including those with Blue Cards.
- You will need to submit updated Certified Clerks lists as you lose employees, hire employees, etc.
Taking a Required Course - Click on the link to get started with TopShelf EDU online courses. All courses are certified by the TABC. There are both online and classroom courses certified so you can make your own choice.
All courses must be completed annually. Even the Designated Manager to keep your 5-year Manager Permit valid.
Putting it All Together - We suggest you get a 3 ring binder. This binder should be easily accessible for anyone to grab when the TABC comes to inspect. The binder should include:
- 1. A copy of your Responsible Wine Vendor Certification letter
- 2. A full employee list
- 3. Copies of all Blue Cards or Responsible Wine Vendor certificates
- 4. Copy of the 5-Year Manager Permit and all course certifications
If you have not already done so, join the TABC mailing list to receive FAQs and the most recent updates in the TABC Rules and Regulations.