This course satisfies the TABC Training requirements for obtaining a TABC 5-Year Server Permit.
An RLPS# is required before purchasing. IT MUST BE YOUR VALID RLPS# or we cannot submit your score. Don’t know what this is or need to know how to get it? Click here.
In order to receive a Server Permit from the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission you:
- Must be 18 years of age
- Have a valid social security number
- Cannot have been convicted of a felony in the previous 4 years of any crime related to the sale of alcohol, schedule 1 or 2 controlled substances, embezzlement, or any sex related crime in the previous 8 years.
- Cannot have had Server Permit or license revoked in the previous 5 years
Although you will receive a certificate for successful completion of this course, it IS NOT your TABC 5-Year Server Permit. The TABC will email you 2-4 business days after your training results are submitted, provided you used a valid RLPS# and your application has been approved by the TABC.
Length of Course
Fulfills the minimum required 3.5 hours of training as required by the TABC
This course fulfills all requirements set forth by the TN Alcoholic Beverage Commission and the TN Server Responsibility and Training Act of 1996.
What You’ll Learn
- State specific law
- Legal liability
- Proper carding techniques
- How alcohol enters and exits the body
- Alcohol’s effects on the human brain
- BAC and what a true drink count is
- Handling high risk groups and situations
- Your RLPS# is required for us to submit scores for Server Permit courses. If that number is made up or not correct, your training results will not be accepted by the TABC and the TABC will not issue you a permit.
- DO NOT USE A SMART PHONE. The course is designed for screen sizes on desktops, and laptops. THIS COURSE DOES NOT WORK ON AN iPAD.
- Internet browser compatibility: Chrome version 75 or newer, Safari version 12 or newer, Firefox 68 and up and Internet Explorer 11. Microsoft Edge is not supported.
- A passing score of 80% is required.
- There are quick quizzes throughout the course to help you retain information. That information will be seen on the exam.
- There is an exit button on each slide which allows you to exit at any time and return to the course in the next slide (except the final test).
- Your Score will be submitted to the TABC the next business morning after you have completed your course. If your course is in passed status, your results will be submitted without having to do anything else.
- A Certificate of Completion is available in your profile to be printed and provided to your employer if required.