This course satisfies the TABC Training requirements for obtaining a TABC 5-Year Server Permit.
An RLPS# is required before purchasing. IT MUST BE YOUR VALID RLPS# or we cannot submit your score. Don’t know what this is or need to know how to get it? Click here.
In order to receive a Server Permit from the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission you:
- Must be 18 years of age
- Have a valid social security number
- Cannot have been convicted of a felony in the previous 4 years of any crime related to the sale of alcohol, schedule 1 or 2 controlled substances, embezzlement, or any sex related crime in the previous 8 years.
- Cannot have had Server Permit or license revoked in the previous 5 years
Although you will receive a certificate for successful completion of this course, it IS NOT your TABC 5-Year Server Permit. The TABC will email you 2-4 business days after your training results are submitted, provided you used a valid RLPS# and your application has been approved by the TABC.
Length of Course
Fulfills the minimum required 3.5 hours of training as required by the TABC
This course fulfills all requirements set forth by the TN Alcoholic Beverage Commission and the TN Server Responsibility and Training Act of 1996.
What You’ll Learn
- State specific law
- Legal liability
- Proper carding techniques
- How alcohol enters and exits the body
- Alcohol’s effects on the human brain
- BAC and what a true drink count is
- Handling high risk groups and situations
- Your RLPS# is required for us to submit scores for Server Permit courses. If that number is made up or not correct, your training results will not be accepted by the TABC and the TABC will not issue you a permit.
- DO NOT USE A SMART PHONE. The course is designed for screen sizes on desktops, and laptops. THIS COURSE DOES NOT WORK ON AN iPAD.
- Internet browser compatibility: Chrome version 75 or newer, Safari version 12 or newer, Firefox 68 and up and Internet Explorer 11. Microsoft Edge is not supported.
- A passing score of 80% is required.
- There are quick quizzes throughout the course to help you retain information. That information will be seen on the exam.
- There is an exit button on each slide which allows you to exit at any time and return to the course in the next slide (except the final test).
- Your Score will be submitted to the TABC the next business morning after you have completed your course. If your course is in passed status, your results will be submitted without having to do anything else.
- A Certificate of Completion is available in your profile to be printed and provided to your employer if required.
A Server Permit is a 5-year Server Permit issued by the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage. This permit is valid for 5 years and allows you to work anywhere in TN that sells liquor by the drink.
You must first complete the application process through the RLPS. Once you have your RLPS# you are required to complete either a certified online or classroom course.
No. The same process must be completed every 5 years.
The non-refundable application fee is $20.00. Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements before applying. If the TABC contacts you to make corrections or upload additional documentation, you will have 30 days to do so or you will lose your application fee and be required to start the application process over.
RLPS stands for “Regulatory Licensing and Permitting System”. You will set up your account, complete your application, and pay your permit fee through this system. Once the application process is complete, you will be issued your RLPS#. NOTE: You have not completed the application process if you have not paid the $20.00 application fee!
The RLPS IS YOUR IDENTIFICATION number and is used to link your score with your Server Permit application. Without it, TopShelf cannot submit your score and the TABC will not issue your permit.
TopShelf is a training company certified by the TABC to produce this training course. The TABC is the state regulatory agency that governs the sale of alcoholic beverages in TN and they issue your Server Permit.
The required training must be at least 3.5 hours in length whether it is online or classroom.
Once you have launched the course you will have 7 days to complete it. You may exit the course any time using the exit button on the top right of the slide. When you launch the course again, it will begin on the next slide. If for some reason you cannot complete the course within 7 days, you will automatically see a failed status. No worries, our office will reset your course to “in progress” so you can complete it.
The course is divided into sections. There are quizzes after every few slides to help you remember the information. Keep notes on those quiz questions if you think you need to, the exam will have some of those same questions. If for any reason you fail the exam, our office can reset the course for you and you can try the exam again. Don’t worry, we’re here to help if you have any questions.
The TABC requires the company conducting the course issues a certificate to every student. This certificate only proves you have successfully completed the course BUT IS NOT your Server Permit and WILL NOT substitute for it.
You can call or text us at 865-521-8085 or 865-521-8084. You can also email email@example.com. We are available Monday – Friday from 9:30 AM until 3:00 PM. After hours you can call or text 865-300-6246. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible, (normally within 24 hours on weekends).
If you have any questions regarding:
- TopShelf products and services
- Your TopShelf account or log in
- Purchasing or launching a course
No, our office will submit your score to the TABC on the next business morning after you complete your course. Your permit is issued by the TABC, TopShelf only provides your training and results to the TABC.
Once your score has been submitted, it will take anywhere from 1-4 business days for the TABC to issue your permit.
Watch your email! The TABC will email you instructions on how to access your Server Permit from your RLPS account on the TABC’s website. If there are any problems with your application, the TABC will email you with questions or requests for information. If there are any problems with your RLPS account number preventing TopShelf from submitting your training, TopShelf will email you.
You can call or text us at 865-521-8085 or 865-521-8084. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are available Monday – Friday from 9:30 AM until 3:00 PM.
After hours you can call or text 865-300-6246. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible, (normally within 24 hours on weekends).
You will need to contact the TABC in Nashville.
TABC Help Desk: 615-532-2297 or email@example.com
If you have any questions about:
- the RLPS
- creating an account
- completing your TABC Server Permit application
TABC Help Desk: 615-532-2297 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You will need to get a copy of your permit to your employer.
No, but your employer is required to have a copy on the premises. Special Agents may also ask to see a photo ID during an audit.