In most states, you must complete a program offered by a certified training vendor before you can teach state-mandated alcohol education classes. TopShelf has been a certified instructor-training vendor since 2004. We’ve worked hard to earn our reputation for excellent customer service, quality programs and classroom flexibility.
The public and corporate instructors certified by TopShelf are second to none. Collectively, they’ve taught alcohol education classes to more than 120,000 students.
What we offer:
- Excellent customer service
- More economical than most other programs; basic annual renewal fee of $100.00
- Student materials more reasonably-priced than others on the market
- Free advertising on the TopShelf website
Ready to get started? Let us know!
Back to top
Teach with TopShelf
When you’re a certified TopShelf instructor, you can build your own business. Instructors are self-employed and are never required to sign a contract. We don’t tell you what to do or how to do it, but we’re available when you have a question or need advice. We can even help you with ideas for marketing your classes to the public.
TopShelf-certified instructors enjoy the ability to:
- Grade exams onsite (in most states). Enables you to deal directly with students over missed questions, test anxiety or other problems.
- Enter test scores into your TopShelf™ portal so classes can be submitted the next business day (available in most states). We’ll input the information for corporate trainers for a small fee.
- Advertise classes on the TopShelf website at no charge. Your classes are automatically added to our Facebook page.
- Make your own handouts.
Back to Top
Tennessee Instructor-Certification Training Program
We’re proud to have one of the few instructor-certification programs approved by the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC). TopShelf has been certified to train instructors in Tennessee since 2004.
When you complete TopShelf instructor-certification training, you have access to our proprietary, state-approved student materials, books and exams. We are the only Tennessee instructor certification program that requires background checks for potential instructors.
Follow these easy steps to become a TopShelf-certified instructor in Tennessee:
- Choose a certification type
- Order your Instructor Kit
- Take a class led by a Master Instructor
- Pass the class
- Get your certificate
- Order your student materials
TopShelf offers three types of instructor certification programs:
- Instructor-Certification: ABC Server Permit (Used by restaurant, club, bar, hotel and lounge employees)
- Instructor Certification: Responsible Vendor (For grocery store, convenience store, liquor store and retail employees)
- Instructor Certification: Combo Program: ABC Permit and Responsible Vendor (Get certified in both programs with our cost-effective combined training.)
All Instructor Kits contain:
- Computer bag
- Instructor Manual
- Student workbook
- Student test and answer sheet
- State law supplement to be covered in classes
- Research materials used to create TopShelf™ programs
- Classroom set-up examples
- Board work, role-playing, lawsuit examples and related news articles
- Manager Guide handouts for advice on policy, training and problem situations
Student materials include:
- Student workbook
- Numbered answer sheet
- State law supplement (additional fee for law supplement may apply in some states)
- Patented ID Coder (TopShelf™ RBS exclusive)
- Certification cards for students and businesses
If within 30 days of receiving your materials you feel the program is not right for you, simply return your Instructor Kit, with all materials intact. We’ll refund your money.
We promise to assist in mediating the most cost-effective solution possible if instructors, from TopShelf™ or any other RBS training company, do not follow through with their obligations to students.
No TopShelf™ program in your state? Ask us how you can make that happen and become your own TopShelf LLC.